- ADAPTIVE DANCE PROGRAM – Ages 4 to 11 (5 weeks)
Join The Dance Workshop to experience the joys of creative movement in an adapted setting. A licensed school-based occupational therapy practitioner with a strong dance background and Level I Autism Movement Therapy certification will provide an adapted, safe, developmentally based approach to explore dance and motor skills. The class is available to all needs and levels of mobility, using dance-focused visual supports to ensure communication with dancer and teacher.
Two classes available – ages 4 to 7; ages 8 to 10 Tuesday/Thursday (space is limited)
CHILDREN (ages 2 – 5)
- Twinkle Babies Ballet ~ for Age 2 – 30 minutes of creative ballet movement. Working with gross motor skills and the beginning of ballet movements and memory
- Hippity Hop for ages 4 & 5 This class introduces basic hip hop movement at a very elementary level, and features age appropriate music. Dancers will learn cool new moves and a fun combination while enjoying social interaction and team work
- Twinkle Stars Ballet/Tap for ages 3 & 4 – an introduction to ballet and tap for preschoolers
- Twinkle Stars Ballet/Tap/Jazz – for ages 5 ~ a program consisting of ballet, tap, and jazz
- Continuing Pointe ~ for those who have been on pointe for at least one year or just recently started Pointe. (Pointe dancer required to be enrolled in summer session ballet class at DWS)
- Intermediate/Advanced Pointe is for those dancers who have been on Pointe for the past 2 – 3 years (Pointe dancer required to be enrolled in summer session ballet class at DWS)
- Demi-Pointe designed for those age 11 and older, who want to prepare to be on Pointe! For those students who have had at least 3 years of ballet and 11years old (all Pointe classes require student enrolled in summer session ballet class at DWS)
- HipHop~ ADULTS ONLY.. (age 20 +) HipHop fun with Adults 20 + older and meet new friends!
QUESTIONS? CALL (708) 226-5658.